Δευτέρα 19 Μαρτίου 2012

A wonderful book

A few days ago I bought this book . It is the new book of Victoria Hislop .
I like to read this writer  . Some of  books have written for my country .


                                      The writer ...
                               The original tittle is: The Thread
                                   I  have   read until 177 page and I continue ...
                                 The  pics  in front of  book ...
                                The back page ... This photo is from my town Thessaloniki at 1917 ...
                                It is a story about faith  and love for all people and places which they
                                   determine  us ... It is a story about life in Thessaloniki .....
                                                     It deserve to read this book  !!!
                                                          Have a nice day  !!

4 σχόλια:

  1. Hello Olympia:
    We enjoy modern fiction enormously but for some reason have never read any of Victoria Hislop's novels. This post, and what you say, will inspire us to get a copy of 'The Thread'.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Dear Olympia: I have never heard of this writer but it seems to be worth reading. I'll see whether there is a copy in our local library. You certainly deserve reading it and get carried away! So good reading then! Christa

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Dear Olympia - Victoria Hislop is the wife of, very well known in the UK, Ian Hislop, satirist, wit, editor of Private Eye and his TV programme Have I got news for you. I am looking forward to reading the book particularly after your review. I understand that they have a home in Greece, and she also wrote a book called The Island which became a TV series in Greece.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Olympia, I love tzatziki and adore taramosalata. The fava bean pure` is delicious. We have it with dandelions and olive oil... I LOVE IT! But you can't buy dried fava (broad) beabns in UK. I had some imported from NY and I also buy them in Italy.

    Another thing we do with dried broad beans is: we soak the shelled beans overnight, cook in water, puree, then chop spaghetti, cook, drain, mix with the puree, then pour fried onions and the oil they were cooked in over the chopped spaghetti and the pure`. It truly is delicious (with lots of black pepper!)

    Sorry it's a bit of a mess, but I'm tired!

    CIAO!

    ANNA

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή