Τρίτη 13 Μαρτίου 2012

Some old beautiful houses

Yesterday I told you that I went to my last job !! Near the Prefecture (witch was Military Hospital)
there are about 24 little houses .At last were the officers houses . Now I don't know who they are 
living . It is a little area when I was working near I was walking every day at 15:30 to relax and to chase off my headache ....

Look these houses ...

    In front of mine I watched the high building but I turned left and right .....Which is more beautiful ?
                         They have  little gardens ....
              I don't like the machine in front of ...
                            another little garden ....

                        Nobody stays here .....






                                      lovely porch ...
                                Details of wooden  balcony ....
                               Is it pretty ? I don't know why they put on the tree ribbons ...




                           this one is baby school station....
                             It stared to make but .....
                               This area is a little beauty in a big town with highs grey buildings ....
               Our picture gallery .... I think it is amazing ....

                                  and this old building is a part of service City Hall ...
              I choose d  to  see you  my home   nearest old buildings   because I think they are beautiful
              and  they  tell something about their life...
                         My day was wonderful I hope yours too !

9 σχόλια:

  1. Good morning Olympia,
    These houses are so lovely.. I much prefer the old architecture than the new. Your neighbourhood sounds a nice place to live..
    Great too, that your old work friends are close by.
    Thank you for the photos.. I have an idea now of where you live.
    Happy tuesday.
    val

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Olympia,

    I love your name!

    Olympia, I like the little villa type houses. They are really beautiful and very Southern European. Your photos remind me of a place in Italy, where we have a house: a small city called Agropoli. The vegetation and the architecture are so similar! I feel like I know the places in your photos! I'd rather really live in a house, than a flat, as I love having my garden.

    I love old buildings, too, Olympia! They have a story to tell and you can sometimes "sense" the presence of those who used to live in them (well... I do!)

    CIAO!

    ANNA
    x

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Dear Olympia - lovely to see the houses where you live. There are some lovely details on them. It is interesting how houses in different countries look so different from one another. Thanks for showing them to us.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Hello Olympia:
    We have so enjoyed this tour of the area in which you live. The houses are very attractive and we love the different colour washes which have been used. It makes them all look so very jolly and also individual.

    It is such a pity when, like the air conditioner, things are placed without care for the fine architectural details. Some people just do not see it!

    We have found you via Rosemary's delightful blog and we have signed up as Followers to keep in touch.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. Dearest Olympia,

    What a joy to walk with you. That was a perfect little section of town! Great architectural details, especially the ones under the roof edge and around the windows. Even the functioning window shutters I love and the colors. Lovely patios and gardens too.
    Thanks for sharing this! Let's hope there will be a positive future for your country. Some discipline and high work ethics to pull the economy out of its current state.
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. Hello Olympia,
    Thank-you for the visit. It is still very cold in Newfoundland and we still have a bit of snow. It won't really get warm until sometime in May, though we might get a few warm days in April. I'll post some more winter scenes soon.
    I love these old buildings where you work. So full of history and so pleasing to look at.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Dear Olympia,
    Thank you so much for your comments. Yes, pale sunshine is correct and I am happy to read that you have had some:)
    This post is very interesting. I am wondering if your work was at the Military Hospital. I tried to read the English name on the picture in your last post, but not sure of it. It must be nice for the Officers to have lived in those beautiful homes. I would like to live in one of them! I love the wrought iron work of the fences, gates and steps. The small gardens are lovely too. Thanks very much for taking the time to walk around to show us some more of the lovely old architecture of your city.
    We are all well here and it has been a hot day 31C today! The leaves on the trees have not started to change colour yet, but next month they will be pretty.
    As you are looking forward to spring, I am starting to plant bulbs for our spring in September.
    I hope that you and your family are well and happy. Hope you can use the new printer, with your son's help:)
    Thinking of you all there in Thessaloniki.
    Betty

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. Hi Olympia,
    Those are all wonderful little houses, so pretty and unique looking. So much more attractive than the big apartment building, for sure. Thank you for showing us a bit of your city.
    Hugs, cindy

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  9. Hello Olympia

    Beautiful homes! They seem very welcoming, I really like that style.
    Beautiful pictures!Thank you for your comments, you will always be very welcome on my blog!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή